Parents Internet Agreement
Your children must trust you too!
You need to work alongside your children in getting to understand how they use the internet. Be involved in the learning process and make it fun but at the same time guide your kids to treat the internet with caution.
1. I will get to know the services and web sites my child uses. If I don't know how to use them, I'll get my child to show me how.
2. I will set reasonable rules and guidelines for computer use by my children and will discuss these rules and post them near the computer as a reminder. I'll remember to monitor their compliance with these rules, especially when it comes to the amount of time they spend on the computer.
3. I will not overreact if my child tells me about a problem he or she is having on the Internet. Instead, we'll work together to try to solve the problem and prevent it from happening again.
4. I promise not to use a PC or the Internet as an electronic babysitter.
5. I will help make the Internet a family activity and ask my child to help plan family events using the Internet.