The Gift of an Ordinary Day!
Don't take the uneventful days for granted!
This well worth watching - a bit American - but every Mum out there will relate to this video in some way. Happy viewing. And take note of the Top Family Tips.
It seems like people are so much busier these days. Both mum and dad may be working. Add in football, ballet, school, friends and it's possible for families to have little or no time to connect with each other. Staying connected is vital to maintaining the emotional balance in every family. You have to "pay the bank" with positive deposits so that you have them readily available when you have "negative withdrawals". Here are some tips to make your family closer.
- Try and eat dinner together as a family at least once a week.
- If you can't manage a meal together, try and have some family time before bed. Even if family members are doing different things, just being in the same room together promotes a feeling of closeness.
- If you have young kids, read to them each night, and use the time before bed for lots of physical closeness.
- Start family rituals. These need not be centered around major holidays, but maybe losing a tooth, or the last day of school.
- Make a big deal out of accomplishments and celebrate them.
- Make one night a week sacred. No outside distractions, no friends over, etc. Rent a DVD and spend some time together.
- Make a bid deal out of Birthdays and let your child feel special on her special day.
- Take family holidays together. This is great for quality time together.
_- Say nice things to each other ; always say goodbye if going out and good night before bed to all members of the family.
- Make your home a place where your family want to bring their friends – it is much better for of you to be together having fun with friends than your kids away most of the time.
- Don't neglect your partner...You two are crucial to the health of your family.Top Tips for a happy family life.