News

The autopsy revealed that Kevin died from heroine

"Mommy, it hurts."

Hi.... My name is Lauren Archer. My son Kevin and I lived in Sugarland, TX.

On October 2, 1994 I took my only son to McDonald's for his 3rd birthday. After he finished lunch, I allowed him to play in the ball pit. When he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong. He pointed to the back of his pull-up and simply said "Mommy, it hurts."

I looked, but couldn't find anything wrong with him at the time. I bathed him when we got home and it was at that point that I found a welt on his left buttock.

Upon investigation, it seemed as if there was something like a splinter under the welt.

I made an appointment for the next day to have it removed, but in the meantime he started vomiting and shaking; then his eyes rolled back into his head.

We immediately went to the emergency room and my only son died!

Later that night, it turned out that the welt on his buttock was the tip of a hypodermic needle that had broken off inside. The autopsy revealed that Kevin died from a heroine overdose.

The next day, the police removed the balls from the ball pit and lo and behold, there was rotten food, several hypodermic needles, (thrown in by employees? cleaning people? customers with a weird sense of humor?), half-eaten candy, diapers, feces, and the stench of urine.

If a child is not safe in a child's play area, then where?

If you question the validity of this story, you can find the article on Kevin Archer in the October 10, 1994 issue of the Houston Chronicle.

Please forward this to all loving mothers and fathers and others who care for small children.

The Danger of Ball Pits

Some children have gotten LICE from those ball pits. They are obviously very unhealthy and unsanitary, as well as potentially unsafe. 

About us | Advertise with us | Contact us